How the service works
When you need a doctor after hours, simply:
- Call us on 1300 883 698 after 4pm Monday to Friday and from 10am on Saturday.
- Notify the operator that you are a member of the Family Care Friendly Society
- Have your contact number and Medicare card number ready.
- An experienced General Practitioner will visit you at home as soon as possible.
- If your General Practitioner is also a member of the Family Care Friendly Society, he/she will receive an electronic copy of your patient report ensuring your medical record remains up to date.
The Family Care Friendly Society operates within the Commonwealth defined afterhours period. Please note that due to Federal Legislation, Doctors are unable to work outside of these hours.
The Commonwealth afterhours period is defined as;
Monday to Friday: 6pm to 8am
Saturday: Midday onwards
Sundays: All Day
Public Holidays: All Day